This is definitely always a crowd pleaser and has only all natural ingredients. The sweet potatoes give these brownies a soft texture and the small amount of maple syrup allows for minimal sugar but a perfect amount of sweetness.
Theses little beauties are of course gluten-free. They are also dairy-free and egg-free and can easily last up to a week in the fridge.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 5 strawberries & shredded coconut for topping
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into small pieces and steam them until soft
- Mash the sweet potato until soft
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir
- Add the mixture to a lined cake tin and place sliced strawberries and coconut on top.
- Place in oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes before cutting, to allow it time to set.
Tip: For versatility...add 6 drops of peppermint essential oils to the mixture for a choc-mint taste.