Eggs with Smashed Avo & Potato Rosti
This little plate of heaven was inspired by a small country town that I visit in Victoria. You have high protein free-range eggs, nutritious avocado, a hidden flavour of coconut and purple sweet potato to keep you fuller for longer.
Enjoy this on a weekend at home with the paper and treat yourself to a relaxing morning.
- Rocket leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 free-range or organic eggs
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 purple sweet potato (grated)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt & pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan
- Squeeze out as much excess liquid from the sweet potato as possible. Put into a bowl, add salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into portions and add to the hot pan. Flatten and turn them when brown on one side.
- Add crispy rosti to a plate. Top with rocket leaves.
- Poach an egg and place on top of rocket leaves
- Smash the avo and place to the side of the plate.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the dish, add some salt & pepper and you are done!
Tip: Fresh cherry tomatoes are also a great addition to this meal and add a lovely pop of colour.