This image is of the chips uncooked so don't be fooled, they do go super golden. Imagine the taste of crispy and soft sweet potatoes with a sweet subtle taste of coconut and a slight addition of celtic sea salt. This is what you have in under 5 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes in the oven.
Coconut oil is perfect for cooking at high temperatures up to 350 degrees as it doesn't damage from heat, keeps it's nutritional properties and it's delicious taste.
- 1 large sweet potato (cut into thin chip-like pieces)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Choice of herbs - I prefer fresh rosemary, thyme & a sprinkle of paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place coconut oil on a lined baking tray. Put in oven on 250 degrees for 30 seconds (or until oil has melted)
- Remove from oven and place chips on the tray. Mix through the coconut oil until completely covered. Add herbs, spices, salt & pepper.
- Place in the oven on 250 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip over if golden on one side and roast again for another 15 minutes. Keep watch as every oven is different. Remove once they are golden brown.