Spiced Hot Lava
Ready to spice things up?
This chilli hot chocolate was introduced to me in Ubud, Bali recently and it has been on my mind ever since. It is a combination of organic cacao which is full of antioxidants, plant-based iron and magnesium. Dairy-free milk (my choice was fresh cashew milk), cayenne peppers which adds a subtle spice and congestion relief benefits. Add to that the healing benefits of pure raw honey that is a refined-sugar alternative and has many medicinal properties.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 1/2 cups of nut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp organic cacao powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon powder
- A tiny pinch of ceyenne pepper
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp nut butter (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat gently
- Pour into a mug and enjoy
Tip: Add more cacao and cayenne depending on your taste buds.
I'm off to make one right now!