Gluten-free Anzac Biscuits
I love recipe creating by following my intuition and seeing what happens! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but I must say, these turned out better than expected. These guys are gluten-free, dairy-free and includes a small amount of organic honey to give a delicious sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups organic gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I chose almonds, cashews, pepitas, sunflower seeds)
- 4 tablespoons of melted organic butter
- 4 tablespoons of organic honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in and mix well
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well
- Add wet and dry ingredients together in a food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture sticks together. Continue mixing by hand to keep the oats in tact.
- Spoon mixture onto lined baking tray and form into 18 biscuits. Flatten mixture down and allow enough space between each one.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
Note: When forming the biscuits, ensure all mixture is firm and stuck together to avoid the nuts and seeds crumbling away when cooking.
Super easy, super delicious and a super healthy version of what can be a sugar-laden, blood sugar rollercoaster recipe. Keep your mind and your body balanced with choosing health every single time!
Happy Anzac Day! X